Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day! 2015 Edition :)

I'm the meanie pants who made my mom open her Mother's Day present early since we wouldn't actually be together on the day.
This (Age of Brass and Steam in Malabrigo Arroyo in Regatta Blue) and a bar of absolutely amazing smelling soap from a local maker were her presents. I found the absolute perfect card at Trader Joe's and I think she was pretty tickled :) Now onto figuring out her birthday :)

I was looking at my posts from around this time a year ago (because wow, I've been doing this for over a year now!) and it made me happy that the WIP I was working on at the time is now an FO :) It was fun looking back at the two pairs of socks I had finished around this time as well. It'll be interesting to see what comes next year!

On a major plus side, I managed 3.5 miles yesterday and am still feeling pretty good. It's still a bit off of 11 but I've almost 9 weeks to get there. I think it might be time to start looking for my perfect suit...

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms near and far. We wouldn't be here without you!

2 comments:

  1. Your shawl looks great! Your mom is one lucky lady. But let me clarify, you swam 3.5 miles yesterday and you're aiming for 11? That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks, Ellen! Happy Mother's Day to you!
    11 miles is the goal again...who knows what will happen this year

    ReplyDelete