Tuesday, December 22, 2015

6 months...

Hi! I'm alive!
I actually went to write something the other day but saw that my last post was on 6/22 so i figured I would just wait until today to kinda catch you up on what's been going on...

A) I totally failed at Stash Dash...I haven't even broken 5000 meters for the year yet though I am hoping
B) I also failed at the "yarn in vs yarn out" version of a yarn diet...
C) I finished Bridge Swim! Made it in about 5 hours and 40 minutes...only thought about quitting half a dozen times. We were very excited to not get kicked out of the river by lightening this year.
D) There is snow on the ground here...I have officially driven in snow. I don't love it when its on the ground-but man is falling snow pretty.
E) I did take a knitting break after Stash Dash but now I think I'm back for awhile...
F) I bought a sweater quantity of yarn (for more than one sweater actually...) This may be part of what lead to B above...
G) I had a field mouse in my house this summer; I was not a fan. This most effective defense against field mice in this area is cats...so I decided to foster 3 of them. Four plus months later, they are all still with me.
This was the three of them cuddling with me in bed the other day. They are a wide variety of ages (17.5, 12.5 and 2.5); I adore them and love every minute I get to spend with them and be their "mama". 

I am still working at getting pictures of FOs and will keep updating the side bar as that happens. Maybe I'll even post some knitting pictures here on the blog later this week...though no guarantees. 

If you are Christmas knitting, I hope its going well! Look forward to catching up with you all and maybe getting back into writing more than once every few months :) 
Xs & Os

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back!! So cute to hear you adopted 3 cats no less! They look so cute, and how adorable that they are all cuddled up and sleeping together so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've missed being here...and while I can't promise to be as prolific I was a year ago, I am hoping to write and post more than I have been...I may or may not have some catching up to do :D
      They love sleeping so weekends are their favorite because it means we can cuddle in bed for hours. I knit, they sleep and we all stay nice and warm! They all have distinct personalities and the three of them together have been referred to as Mischief, Mayhem and Madness on more than one occasion...

      Delete