Thursday, October 2, 2014

On Being an Adult...

It's probably too soon to be writing about this, but hey, this is my own blog so I get to write about whatever I want. FO Friday is still on for tomorrow so I imagine I'll see most of you there. Thanks for sticking with me through all of my crazy.

The BF and I broke-up today. Seeing as how we're both 20 somethings we did it how we do most things…via text. I was the one who initiated it…but I think we both saw it come and I think we were both as ready for it as we can be. It just kinda sucks because he's a really great guy, I really liked him and we had a lot of fun together. I have lots of happy memories of our relationship. At the end of the day though, we just weren't right for each other on some fundamental levels and it wasn't going to end up a happily ever after. I don't believe in prolonging the inevitable…and here's hoping we can both find our fairytales. 

In the days to come there will be wallowing, there will be ice cream, there will be lots of Gilmore Girls. There won't however (I think) be many regrets. I'm glad we ended when we did…without letting it get to a point where we hated each other. 

A few good points though: I learned I need someone who wants to hear from me on a more than daily basis. I need someone who is willing to open their world to me and happily introduce me to their family and friends. I need someone who likes meeting other people. I love being spontaneous, but I do crave some stability as well.

Also, I have even better motivation to get own with my life and out on my own. It is definitely past the time and now I'm not concerned about sparing his feelings in the process.

And I have one less person to knit for Christmas...

4 comments:

  1. hope your heart heals quickly....its never easy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about the break-up but big thumbs up for your self awareness and staying positive about it all. Crap, I wish I had half that sense in my 20s, crap, I could use some now in my 40s, ha! Keep on, keepin' on. You seem like you're well on your way to where you want to be and should be. Enjoy the ice cream and the knits, throw some french fries in there from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually skipped the ice cream and Gilmore Girls for now and have been having fun with my knitting! And I might have bought a pretty skein of sock yarn for myself (that was on sale, I might add!). Love dipping french fries in a vanilla shake…mmm, yum!

      Delete