Wednesday, April 30, 2014

All About Socks (WIP Wednesday!)

I've been quite excited all week for today's post. There has been some serious progress on the knitting front. Four projects this week…the three socks from last week and yet another new one! Without further ado…it's sock time!

My Purple Sock
Heel flap? Done. Heel Turned? Check. Gusset? Done! Currently on row 9/50 for the foot before I do my toe. Love this sock, love this yarn and not gonna lie, pretty stoked that it is actually going to be for me because my mom decided the leg was too short when I had her try on the finished mate (yes, sock number 1 of the pair is done…minus needing some ends sewn in…). This has taken a bit of a back burner though to the other socks I've been working on.

Alligator Baby Sock
The first is done! I absolutely am in love how this little bugger came out! I can't wait to bust the second one out…only problem is that I'm using the needles for another sock. I wish I could call this an FO, but it won't truly be done until I have it's mate…

My Vanilla Latte Stripes
I added another five stripes to this sock since I last showed it to you. Love how this is coming out…and I'm having fun with the jog-less stripes for sure. This too has taken a backseat to my other pair of socks (I'm just a little obsessed, no?).

Front and Center Socks (aka the socks I've been trying to bust out and ignore all other projects in the meantime)
This is sock number (once again using the vanilla latte pattern) of a pair I hope to have done by Mother's Day. When my mom said she wanted longer socks than the basic ribbed ones, I knew I had to go back to the drawing board. I really wanted to try a new sock pattern and Vanilla Latte has only been absolutely wonderful! The sock is in Cascade Heritage Hand Paints (Colorway: Seattle Blues) with heel and toe in MadelineTosh Tosh Merino Light (Colorway: Oceana). I did 2x2 twisted rib for the cuff and the slip stitch rib heel flap. I'm still trying to decide if I want to use the Rounded Wedge Toe or the Star Toe. Let me know in the comments if you have a favorite, ya? I am hoping to finish sock number one either today or tomorrow so I can started right away on sock number two. 

Hope you're having an awesome (and constructive Wednesday!). Check back in for more swimming talk tomorrow!




2 comments: