Friday, December 19, 2014

On Tough Stuff...

Knitters are generally happy people. Yes, we may be snarky and sassy and have mood swings out the wazoo but trust me, we're much happier people with our needles than we are without them. There's just something about knitting (and I imagine crocheting, though I don't know because I always screw that up) that can soothe the soul. Yummy yarn, a tasty pattern and great needles all come together to create something out of a dream.

Except for the days or weeks or goodness, yes, even months where everything sucks. You become the opposite of King Midas and everything you touch (heck, sometimes even look at) turns to trash. It pretty much sucks. As a knitter, losing your knitting mojo-that thing that settles you-really, really, really sucks. 

I'm lucky to be in a good place right now. I have beautiful yarn, I have beautiful projects and I'm constantly feeling inspired without feeling overwhelmed. Yes, I have a lot of WIPs, but that's okay. 

So why write about this now? 

Because I'm afraid it will come back and I'll fall down again. 

And as scary as it is, it's okay because I know something fabulous will guide me back. 

This is kind of a love letter to all of you for constantly sharing your astonishing projects with the world (and letting the rest of us in to your daily life, too). You all motivate me to try new things and actually finish things, too!

And for anyone who feels like their mojo is leaving them, it's okay. Take some time to yourself and know that we will always be here when you're ready to come back. 

You all bring special love and light into this world. I'm so glad I've gotten the chance to know you all :)


4 comments:

  1. These very thoughts crossed my mind last night. No holiday knitting to fret over, just whatever I want to make at whatever speed I care to go. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right back at you!!! Lovedgetting to know you through the swap this year

    ReplyDelete