Thursday, December 4, 2014

Such a Tease...

I really seriously meant to post yesterday for WIP Wednesday-I honest to goodness swear! However, yesterday got busy with TRX (time #3!) and walking the dog and going out for round one of a friend's birthday (because when you're a 20-something, there are usually multiple nights of celebration). Long story short- WIP Wednesday is happening on Thursday…again. Shocker of the century, I know :)

All Christmas presents in the WIP list this week-I do have an FO for tomorrow that is for me, me, me :)

Bigfoot Socks

Now at a more correct foot length! Making some good progress on the leg-thinking cuff time is rapidly approaching. Hoping that sock number 2 will go a little more quickly…not ripping back almost 40 rows should help a lot :)

Hermione's Hat
Just picked up a skein of Malabrigo in Emerald to make one for me after Christmas knitting is done. I really like how this is looking and hope the recipient likes it as well!

No Vampires Here
Something new! I'm using a cable pattern from the second Vogue Stitchionary called the Garlic Braid and the basic math for toe-up socks from Laura"s Socks on a Plane pattern. These are for my grandma and I am so totally enjoying them. The yarn is Sweet Georgia Tough Love Sock in Silver and it is absolutely delicious :)
Although a day late, still linking up with Ginny and the rest of the crew! Happy Thursday!

7 comments:

  1. I love the detail and texture of the stitches in the patterns you've chosen. And um yeah, that's a big @ss sock, ha!

    Happy Knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm thinking I might have to do the Vampire Sock in a deep red next…love it so much!

      Delete
  2. All your projects look great. Your grandma is going to LOVE those socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dee! I just hope I can finish them in time!

      Delete
  3. The stitch and texture of that sock looks great, those socks are going to be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That garlic braid is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete