Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Monday Musings

I bought more Cascade Heritage Sock online at WEBs last week. It's absolutely scrumptious and oh so squishy.
Mom claimed the top hank (Juniper Berries) as a pair of socks for her. I had actually bought the bottom hank (Vino) with her in mind. We'll see if she changes her mind after she gets her Mother's Day socks (which I would like to report, I am currently working on the heel flap of sock number two). There is a possibility I may be able to get two pairs of socks from each of these skeins as they are 150 grams each (normal skein is 100 grams and I think I should have a decent amount of yarn left after finishing sock number two of mom's pair). I'm also thinking of striping with Vino and Berries and then doing maybe a black or purple heel/toe combo. The possibilities are endless and that thrills me…however, there are quite a few projects to get off the needles before these beauties can become something.

In other exciting news, one of my besties (who just so happens to be a knitter), is working on a pair of socks herself! She has always said socks seem to be too much effort and have the ability to fall apart too easily to be worth knitting…she's not really a fan of anything lighter than worsted weight yarn and loves her cowls and beanies. She's trying to do a bit of stash-busting though and found some DK weight and a perfect pattern. I am so thrilled for her (and hopeful that she might become as obsessed as me!).

That's all for now; swimming news/thoughts/etc coming up sometime in the early afternoon or late evening. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment