Sunday, May 11, 2014

Thoughts for a Sunday

A) No stretch post today…I don't think I'm actually going to do that as I'm writing a lot more about knitting in this blog than swimming. Sundays are probably just going to be a random writing sort of day…like Mondays.

B) The Mother's Day socks were perfect! Mom loved the color and length and fit and pretty much everything about them. And she was definitely surprised! She had no idea the socks were headed her way.

C) I've got some mixed bag feelings currently. There was a shop update today for a yarn dyer who just has some beautiful color ways and yarn that everyone raves over. I was on her store four minutes after the update and she was completely sold-out. Needless to say, I'm a bit bummed out as I would love to get my hands on at least a skein of her stuff. Similtaneously, I'm a little grateful i missed out for both my wallet and my stash's sake. I have a ton of yarn here-a good deal quite nicely tucked into some hiding spots so my mother doesn't have a heart attack with all my stash. I also have quite a bit of stash in a storage locker in a different state that's waiting for me to have my own place. I really, really don't need any yarn for quite awhile-and yet, I just can't seem to get enough. In the next couple of months, I'm going to try really hard to work from stash and not get anything new until I've got through at least five or six skeins I have hanging out. Unless I manage to make it to one of the shop updates…

Happy Mother's Day! Wishing everyone near and far a most wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment