Sunday, August 31, 2014

Rule Changes...

So I wrote earlier this week about no new yarn till I finish five skeins…well, I'm changing that a bit. No  new yarn (with the exceptions of necessary to finish a project and for holiday knitting) until I finish 5 full skeins…and for every full skein, a partial skein must be finished as well. Mini-skeins will not count nor will any skeins count that have been finished before this date. Additional partial skeins may be finished but will not be counted in except as partial skeins that have been finished. I have yarn in my closet in multiple locations, I have yarn hiding in clothing drawers, I have yarn hiding in my backpack as well as sitting in two separate bags in open view. I also have yarn in storage in Oregon! I have more than enough yarn so it's time to start turning it into items!

In exciting news, I found the perfect scale on sale at Tuesday Morning the other day so I'm hoping to work on figuring my yardage for projects. I would really love to track my yardage for the year starting January 1.

Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Clarification: Skeins that are currently in use cannot count as finished full skeins. If I finish a skein that's currently attached to a project, it will count as a partial skein. That is all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Good luck ---- I've never been very good at following MY OWN rules. Hopefully you'll have success.

    Congrats on the scale. I bought one at Bed, Bath & Beyond and I use it A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There has been a lot of temptation lately…which has in turn become motivation to knit, knit, knit!
      I'm very excited and have been enjoying the scale a lot- definitely a winning decision :)

      Delete