Monday, August 11, 2014

Sometimes...

…I make little deals with myself to allow for yarn buying; I am currently in the middle of one of these littles deals. The rules for this round? If I finish two skeins (partial, full, whatever) but the 23rd (when I'm going to go visit my brother), I'm allowed to go to this totally awesome yarn shop and buy more yarn.

The fun/terrible part about making deals with myself? I'm allowed to change the rules if the possibility of success (i.e. winning the deal and therefore being allowed to buy more yarn) seems unlikely. So for now i'm still totally holding onto this two skein thing (even though it seems less than likely). If however, I get to somewhere between the 15-20th and I really seem far away from this whole two skein thing, I'll probably change it to something like finish 2 puffs or a baby hat or something.

Ooh…I bet if I make like four puffs I'd be able to finish two mini-skeins and that would totally count!

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing with my diet ---- if I do THIS, I can eat THAT! But, rules are subject to change without notice! LOL

    I think you can totally finish off two mini-skeins and if not --- go shopping anyway. It's not like the shop is around the corner. Right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe. One of the premiere reasons I swim is so I can eat whatever I want! ;) and of course rules are subject to change at the drop of a hat!

      I gotta clear something out before I bring in anything new. My stash has over-exceeded the storage space I have for it and I really shouldn't add more storage space until I move.

      Delete